CURSOR TOWARDS NEW AGE CAREERS
By – M. Banerjee
It is high time that we, Indian parents think beyond the traditional career choices that we push our children towards, and start thinking ahead. Engineering / medical / law / teaching had been the choices for decades. Then came the IT revolution.
We just haven’t EVEN explored an ocean of possibilities that wud come up with the changing times.
There are a whole new list of unexplored needs of this planet and its survival. I will list a few rarely touched fields but there are thousands more. Concentrate on them. Especially, the students, who have just completed their school education and waiting for their college admissions in India, please look out for these options and do your due diligence. In today’s world of internet, eveey bit of information is at our finger tips.
The coming years will need a lot of human resource to tackle the needs of these fields.
Be smart, be vigilant, train yourselves and embrace the future opportunities.
Remember, choice should be based on minimising the effect of recession on your career.
– Climatic analysis and management
– Ocean studies
– Geology and disaster management
– Water reservoirs planning and creation, Flood & Drought management
– Meteorological studies
– Aquatic life studies
– Material studies and management
– Fuel, power and energy management
– Textile studies and management
– Linguistics (Language expertise) & translations
– Marketing Management in unexplored sectors like politics, science, films & social media
– International law and political studies
– Psychology and Psychoanalysis
– Artistry, Digital art and designing
– Educational studies and management
– Analytical studies in all fields
– Astronomy and other studies of Space technology
– Waste management and recycling studies
– Survival studies
– Demography & Culture studies
– History and archaeological studies
– Film Production and associated expertise
– Fashion engineering
– Nutrition and Healthcare management
– Cyber security
– Travel management and writing
– Mapping and related studies
– Martial arts and techniques for defence fields
– Sports studies (for both players and referee/umpiring) and training
– Content creation and analysis
– Genetics and Genomics
– Bio engineering
– Hospitality, travel & tourism management
& lots more.
Please spread the word around.